Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Wacky Relays

I think today was the worst day of the week.  It was hot and sticky but we managed to go through another full practice and had a lot of fun doing it with our WACKY RELAYS.  Watching these guys run is fun enough, but watching them run backwards, hopping like a kangaroo, and doing a gazillion variations of cartwheels, round offs, and forward rolls is a total hoot.

My gosh, it's 95 degrees, high humidity, and here we are working hard at it for 20 solid minutes and the team is laughing and having a great time.  Now, you tell me who is crazier!!!

I'll still take any late team shirt orders on Tuesday, as I need to get them to the shirt guy ASAP.

Enjoy the nice Labor Day holiday weekend.  I challenged the team to run two of the three days, getting in a minimum of 3 miles each time for a total of 6 miles during the weekend.  It's important to keep the fitness routine on a roll if we intend to get better, which I know we will.

As for me, I have season tickets for the Illini, so will be at Memorial Stadium for the game, and hopefully I'll get some golf in this weekend too.

Let's get some rain and look forward to some cooler weather!!!

No comments: