Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Camp Pells Park - Day 3

Coming to practice in long sleeve shirts and sweats is unheard of in August.  I hope this isn't a preview of things to come this winter.........

We are what we eat and drink..........  the topic of today's team meeting before our workout.  I really emphasized the importance of eating proper meals each day, starting with a good breakfast.  I likened this to driving my truck, which gets about 16 miles to the gallon, to Gibson City and wanting to get back with no problem.  However, I only have a bit more than one gallon of gas in the tank.  The truck may look great and run well, until the fuel runs out, then bam....  it's a worthless piece of scrap.  Same thing with our bodies.  If we don't give it the proper fuel, it will run "out of gas" too, and not run very well at all.  I think we get the message here.  I took time to describe good foods and bad foods.  POP - BAD,  MILK - GOOD, WATER - GREAT, MONSTER DRINKS - EXTREMELY BAD, CANDY - BAD, FRUITS - FANTASTIC, COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST - FANTASTIC, DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST - YUCK.

We had a great circuit run and the team really performed extremely well.  I was very pleased with the overall effort.  Tomorrow will be much more of a challenge before Friday's mile time trial.

No comments: