Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Team Concept - We are getting it.

All of my direction about working as a team is beginning to pay off and we're finally getting it.  I'm seeing some leaders emerge, those who you might least expect, and it's beginning to look like a Panther time of days gone by.  PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE is what it's all about, and dividends will be paid in the long haul.  I'll be interested to see how our leadership performs tomorrow, at Dawson Lake.

Today's workout was another scorcher, but we worked pretty tough back on the hill, with sprinklers blasting and plenty of water to be had by all.  We've not really backed off all that much from what has been planned, so with falling temps, we're going to see falling times.  Just what we expect, especially at Dawson tomorrow.

The team is excited and primed for some personal bests for this season tomorrow.  I look forward to assisting our group of runners who are in that 19 to 22 minute category of running 2 miles.  I'm running with them and going to do my darndest to get as many of them under 20 minutes as I possibly can.

We're looking forward to a cooler day tomorrow and some great times on a fast track.  We can't wait.

No comments: