Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kickapoo Adventure

I would hope that today's performance is another bit of a stepping stone for THE MAIN THING coming up this Friday at St. Joseph.  The whole fact of the matter, it most certainly is just that and we'll continue our quest with a pretty good workout tomorrow, then some light stuff on Thursday in preparation for Friday.  The plan seems to be coming together.

I thought today's performances went well.  I tried something totally different in my approach today for meet preparation, and it seemed to have the positive effects I was hoping for.  I'm not going to be totally straight forward at this point in what I did, but distractions and busywork do pay off.  Let's see if a little reverse psychology can work a little magic.

Our girls are working to the best of their abilities and a creating their new team identity.  What I absolutely love about this group is the fact that this group works pretty hard and are really great to be around.  I know we'll continue to improve and I really look forward to see how we perform on Friday.

The guys worked the bullet well and got into pretty good race position right from the get go.  We've still got some conditioning to work on, since that last 600 meters is still not what I want to see.  I"m still interested in seeing a certain group of 6th graders break out for  terrific run, and I think Friday might be that day.  I thought that was happening today, but it didn't quite manifest itself as I thought.

Let's enjoy this better weather.

No comments: