Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Running on empty

I'm not talking about the team, here, I'm referring to me.

Big meet on Saturday and more PBL meet prep, parents 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday, continued PBL Invitational meet prep Monday, and then the big meet today.  I'm wiped.  And the best thing, I get to do it all over again since we host the Sectional on Saturday.  Of course, I did have my regular "job" to do, too.

The best part of today was ALL of the EXCELLENT help we had by our parents and alums.  WOW, was it great.  They made the meet the success it was, and I know it was after all of the compliments we received.

Given the fact this was our Invitational, I thought we did as I thought we would.  We really don't hype this thing, especially for the team who performs at the Sectional.  I do prep those who won't be Sectional runners, and I saw some really great times, especially for our course.  What a great way to end the season!!!  Although we backed off some yesterday, I wasn't expecting our kids to be "fresh as daisy's" today, especially that group of 10 I had do the 400's on the hill.   Again, all by design, since THE MAIN THING is Saturday.  I"m sticking with the plan that has worked well for years.  No sense in fixing something that up to this point is time is not broken.

These next 3 days of practice will be snappy and easy.  We'll elevate heart rates and put some pop into the legs and be ready for a "lights out" performance on Saturday.


No comments: